Last weekend I had a working weekend away at Champney’s Springs Spa resort. I already teach three classes there each week, but every month they also arrange for teachers to go in and offer extra classes to Guest Present. I was able to offer my style of yoga to even more folks who travel from near and far to enjoy the facilities at the spa. As I was teaching in the evening I took my bolsters along to offer a resortative yoga class too.
For those lucky enough to be there it was almost like a mini retreat and it was a tiny bit like me running a retreat but not quite, in fact as lovely as it is you just can’t quite replicate what it feels like to being on a yoga retreat.
So, what’s in a retreat?
I start from what do I want to get out of a retreat, my time is precious and as I work hard there are things that I have on my checklist that I look for in a retreat, so if this is what I expect than this is what I also offer…..
- For me, location, location, location is the starting point and not only does it have to be comfortable it has to be tranquil, calm and have a spritiual atmosphere that is often lost in hotels or resorts.
- There has to be yoga of course and over a weekend, classes in the morning, early evening and “Pyjama Savasana’s” (guided relaxations in your PJ’s) before bed. A combination of yoga you can do, including restoravtive, which reduces tension and rebalances your energy.
- Eat delicious, healthy food, no detoxing, no just juicing, just scrummy vegetarian and vegan food like home made breads, stuffed mushrooms, salads, even a curry and dark chocolate and raspeberry torte, the food for me needs to be good…..and there’s even more I look for……
- The opportunity to make some postive changes that inspire me, perhaps to take up more yoga (what more?), meditation or mindfulness, reflect on my eating habits or a chance to take a look at aspects of my life I’d like to change, to explore any self limiting beliefs or actions that I still hold on to.
- Time, to sleep, read, journal,walk, or whatever it is I need to do.
A retreat can simply be just about pressing the pause button on your life, it can be a relaxing way to spend time with friends, a hen weekend, get some head space or make a fresh start, yet the effects of a retreat don’t just last for the weekend…….
“The retreat restored my energy and gave me the strength to handle a situation that I knew was looming, without having been on the retreat I don’t think I could have handled the situation as well as I did”
Whether you juggle family and work or you’re unhappy in your current job, you feel something is missing in your life, you’re just not happy with the direction your life is going or you just want a weekend that’s all about you and for you then a retreat is worth considering.
Does this sound like you? Then this month’s summer sale might help you step a little close to that “me” time you’ve been longing for. This month only we are offering a Summer Sale on our October “All About Balance Retreat” which now starts from £350 for a twin room, with a deposit of £150 to save your spot, you’ll have a weekend in October to look forward to.
“I meant to write earlier to say a big THANK you for a wonderful weekend. You worked so hard to ensure our happiness and it was very much appreciated. We were surrounded by lots of love and positive thoughts that I know for me helped put things into perspective. Also the location, environment and food just couldn’t be beaten. Thank you so much for everything”